Lunacy Performance Issues

Hey there,
first of all: thanks for offering this tool for free!
Anyway, I’m having a lot of performance issues (Lunacy 5.8). Every Action is retarded. Even if it’s less than a second or sth, but it slows my workflow a lot. It is most annoying when scrolling or zooming over the screen and also when dragging or selecting an object, the reaction is slow and not smooth at all.

Furthermore I feel like having bugs sometimes as I can not scroll the scrollbar of the layer window (or is this intended?). Furthermore the dropdowns are sometimes opening in the upper left corner of the screen instead of where I clicked.

Do you have any tipps how I could improve the performance? It also happens when I work with small files…

This is the system I’m working on:
Systemmodell ZenBook UX534FAC_UX534FA
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Prozessor Intel® Core™ i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8 logische® Prozessor(en)

Thanks and best regards,
Sophia

Hi Sophia,

Did the version 5.7 perform that way too? Or have you started using Lunacy straight from the v. 5.8?

If you are a new Lunacy user we would recommend to install the updates for your system, for your graphics card drivers and also to check the .net and C++ versions.

Hey Julia, thanks for your reply.

I started using Lunacy straight vom v. 5.8. Also, I already have Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio and .NET Framework installed.

What do you mean with “recommend to install the updates for your system and graphics card drivers”?
Where can I find those?

Thanks,
Sophia

Hey Julia,

just wanted to let you know, that the performance is great now!
Like you recommended, I downloaded the .net and c++ versions. Although the installation failed, as I had sth. like this already installed before, the performance improved a lot now.

Thanks!

Hi Sophia,

Glad to hear that and thank you for letting me know!

Just in case, about the system and graphics card drivers: I meant you could try to check your system’s and graphics card’s official websites for the updates and install them, as this helps a lot in most similar cases.