The next big thing in web design

Hi folks. Recently I’ve been trying to get myself up to speed with some new web design trends, and I got overwhelmed by all the latest cool stuff. Now I’m feeling like a web design dinosaur, and I don’t know where to start. There’s a whole bunch of beautiful things like 3D visuals, realistic textures, gradients, motion interactions, parallax scrolling, and more.

So… what’s the next big thing in web design, in your opinion? What are your personal favorites?

1 Like

3D and 3D animation. Of course, it’s not new. But as technology evolves and creative tools become more accessible, such things get easier to create. Lots of designers are able to learn and make beautiful 3D illustrations that look very pretty and eye-catching :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Too many of those web design trends just mess up with the usability and make a website IMPOSSIBLE to use. A website is not made just to look at it, ya know. To me, content always beats the design. I don’t mean it should be ugly, but still. I hate those goddamn animations, distracting video backgrounds, sliders, or any other thing that hurts instant usability

2 Likes

Nice to see someone concerned! Lately I’ve been thinking of becoming a part-time writer, but seems this community did the job and freed me of these thoughts, finally there’s something to share, hope I won’t be banned for spamming all over here :laughing:

Well, my main point is “Measure is the treasure”! Sometimes the client wants his website to be as informative as possible, trying to force all info about his business into a landing page with extras and extras of unnecessary features users won’t really use. At this point, I try to think as a user and cut off all the trash I wouldn’t click myself. The hardest is to make the client think as a user, sorry to say they’re not so smart at times. One of my clients who was trying to defend his pov like “I need it all here” recently said something that did actually hurt, “That’s why you don’t have my job!”. Excuse me, that’s why I do have my job, and you pay me to make something you can’t do yourself. At last, he gave up and let me finish the task according to my vision of his project and was eventually pleased with the result, admitting the fact that there’s enough where there’s not too much.

Lost my point! The next big thing in design are designers with a sense of beauty, knowing of limits.

3 Likes

I totally agree with this!!! The worst thing about those so called TRENDS is that websites with all that fancy stuff are taking A TON of time to load!!!

3 Likes

this is the answer to what a good website is - worthwhile content + usability

an impeccable incredible website? those are rare, those are sites almost nobody cares to be on for a long time, those arent sites that big companies hire ppl to do, those are sites of indie independent devs and designers very very few know about, they’re the best there are in this lifetime

I’m waiting for the holographic projection to be finally deployed to its full extent. Forgot that we were talking about web design lol but I think it will soon become an inevitable part of it. Like, we’re already remoted as hell due to covid, so why do we need to leave the house anyway? I’d better send my holo-self anywhere I need to be present, so I’d like my interface to be designed well :rofl:

1 Like

Do you have any examples maybe?

How quickly we moved from the nearest future web design to the 2056 Metaverse experience lol. Well, yeah, if we’re speaking about the human interface, I demand adequate visual hierarchy of my facial features, a color palette of a healthy human, and both of my eyes looking in the same direction at the very least :joy:

2 Likes