About Fugue (music marketplace)

Fugue is a marketplace of stock music for videos, games, streams, and other projects.

We receive many questions about how to use our music:

Can I use your music for free?

I can’t find a song I need

What are Content ID and PRO tags?

I have received a Content ID claim. What should I do?

A Content ID dispute wasn’t resolved in my favor

What is the difference between a ContentID claim and a Copyright Takedown on YouTube?

If your question is different, you are welcome to ask it here!

1 Like

I actually have a question as I couldn’t find the answer anywhere else, so please advise.

If to observe all these tags, I find ones for vocals, but can’t find anything like this among genres/moods/themes. Why is that so?

Another thing I’d suggest is having an option to save some tracks for later, like saving them to favorites :heart: or smth, or creating folders/collections. You do have the same thing for Icons, please consider improving the Fugue UX the same way, it would be just fantastic!

I’ve already read the FAQ on PRO and content ID, and having an option to show all tracks without these tags would ease the life a lot!

All in all, the selection of tracks is amazing, and what I personally like is that I can use it as a random radio :radio: Everyone’s crazy about Spotify these days, so if you make an option to listen to your music and create my own playlists choosing fav musicians, seeing the best suggestions, it would be DOPE AF! :fire:

1 Like

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for such detailed and thoughtful feedback on Fugue! :heart_eyes: You’re just in time: currently, we’re redesigning our music marketplace and adding many new features.

I think your ideas are pretty awesome! A list of favorites is a great time-saving option for a music stock, so we’ll definitely consider adding it. Having a filter for female/male vocals would be a good idea as well.

We’re also planning to add playlists and a menu of music categories where you’ll be able to choose music for a particular project or activity.
Our revamped Fugue will be up pretty soon. I hope you’ll enjoy it!

2 Likes

Good to know that someone still gathers feature requests in such a huge company! Can’t wait to see these updates with my own eyes, it will literally BOOST THE FUGUE! :rocket:

2 Likes

Is there some known bug with your music search??? These days I tend to lose the songs I randomly saw, as if they just disappear, or am I out of my mind? Maybe someone reported the same?

Could you elaborate a bit on the issue? Are there songs that you couldn’t find through the search? As for missing songs – we sometimes delete tracks when the authors ask us to do so.

Yeah man, a couple of days ago I was struggling to find some song no luck tho. I actually found it accidentally coming across the same musician. Seems something’s not ok with the search line as it doesn’t consider random partial matches, one time the song is found, the other one I should enter the full name of the composition. It’s so random that I can’t give any examples right now, sorry :exploding_head:

Thanks for the info! There are indeed some issues with search similar to what you’ve described. They will all be fixed in the next version of Fugue which will come out really soon.

1 Like

Dears, what requirements do you have for potential music contributors?
Is there some place for them to communicate here, or is there some source where I can find reviews on being an author published on fugue?
Hope to hear from you,
Julia

Well I need your help guys ASAP!!!
I used the track in my video on youtube and got a content id claim! Following the steps from faq led me to nothing. I purchased the track here, but this fact seems not legit enough for youtube to solve the dispute in my favor. How can I prove my right to use this track because I literally paid for the right to use this track as said in the license?? thx

Hi Julia! We don’t have any particular requirements for music authors. We aspire to expand our library with some new styles, so we often prioritize tracks that are somewhat different from what we already have.

You may share the link to your portfolio here or send it to music@icons8.com.
We will check it out and contact you in case of interest.

It happens with some of the tracks from our library, but don’t worry, your video won’t be removed and the claim is easy to dispute. We will provide you with a music copyright release note that proves the fact that you purchased this track from us. I’ll send this document to you via email.

This article will help you to dispute the claim using the copyright release note.

2 Likes

Elena, I got the doc. Never heard of anything like this, will try it now!! thx

1 Like

I’m here to let you know that your paper worked! That was actually pretty weird that youtube didn’t find my license enough, so I was a bit upset with the service because I thought you guys have it all sorted with youtube. I studied the case and this activity is automated, so I’m not mad at you anymore! thx

Yes, a copyright release note usually works like a charm. Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like