Add colors to the new Color Palette generator

Hello,

I discovered with pleasure the new feature of the color palette generator when starting with a new project. It starts with 8 colors but unfortunately, when I delete a color in the selection there doesn’t seem to be a way to add it back. Am I missing something? It would really be great to add colors back.

I like the idea of having a quick overview of my main color palette below the Workspace settings when I’m not clicking on anything on my project, instead of going into the color picker menu.

Hi

You can undo the action of deleting a color with ctrl+z, but there’s no ability to restore that exact palette if you came back to it later, only to generate another one.

Hi Georg,
it is not so much the problem of restoring the colors of the palette to its previous state but to add a new color to the palette overall.

Can I make a little feature request for this to be possible in a future version? :smiley:

Best regards

Got it!

Sure, we’ll see what we can do

The color functionality can be a bit confusing and challenging to manage, especially when working with a color palette that has many colors derived from a few base colors and assigning roles to different colors. This can result in a large number of color variables, and there is currently no simple way to centrally manage them.

Fortunately, I came across the discussion at Option to display variables in the Styles tab — Lunacy Community Space, which mentions the plan to include color variables in the Styles tab. I hope this feature will be implemented soon.

Yes, the changes to Color variables and Styles tabs are still in plans, but can’t give you an ETA for that.

1 Like