Applying animated stickers (masked images) to the desktop

Hello, I apologize if this is not within the determined scope of your software, but I was wondering if any Icons8 software product (or another product that you know of) can do either or both of these things:

C

(a) Play animated GIF and/or APNG files while utilizing these standards’ 1-bit and 8-bit transparency respectively.

while

(b) also allowing the user to paste said stickers (called masked images in Lunacy) to the desktop, sort of like people put stickers on a refrigerator. I’ve managed to hack together a prototype in python, but it only supports static PNGs.

I tried to get prototypes to do that in Lunacy, but I think I was misunderstanding their capabilities. As far as I can tell, you can’t actually implement business logic in Lunacy directly. Honestly UX is pretty alien to me; my idea of a modern interface is still emacs running over screen. :expressionless:

Thanks a bunch! You guys rock. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and thanks for the kind words!

You are right, Lunacy doesn’t support animations and GIF format. We are not working on that feature at the moment but I’ve pitched it to my team.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.