Copy Paste Crashes Lunacy

I just installed the Lunacy update this morning and now every time I copy and paste an element from one document to another, the program crashes and closes down. This is a feature I use very often to work between documents. Is there a fix for this? Can I go back to the previous version that was working until it is ironed out? Thank you.

Hi!

Could you please state your Lunacy version and OS?

Also is that a problem with particular documents, or is the copypaste completely bugged for you?

It’s version 8.5.2. Windows 10. The issue persists with all documents. Thanks.

Thanks, we will look into it.
In the meantime you can downgrade, sure. If it works on your side, then why not :slight_smile:

Can you send me a link to the previous version? The update site just takes me to the Microsoft store where previous versions are not available. Thank you.

Nevermind. I found the downloads here: Release History
And also, the copy paste issue is gone in the previous 8.4.1 version.

That’s good to know, thank you

As we couldn’t reproduce the issue on our side, the crash logs could be helpful in finding out why this issue happens.

Could you send us a couple from the time Lunacy crashed because of the copypaste?
Crash logs can be found at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Icons8\Lunacy\Logs

You can either attach them here or send them through private messages.

Thank you!

Hello, I also ran into this problem, the App version is 9.2.1, the system is Arch Linux, please see the attachment for the logs

2023.11.18_00.54.25.log (115.8 KB)

Hello

We weren’t able to reproduce the issue so far. Could you please record a screencast of your actions that lead to the crash?

Thank you for the video!

I would like to point out that the original post mentioned Lunacy crashing when pasting an element “from one document to another”.

You said that you ran into the same problem, but on your video the crash happens when pasting into a control field, not another document. Not a big deal, that’s not something that should happen anyway so I have already forwarded this to the team.