Data Handling Questions

Hi! I was wondering especially with the beta of figma imports, if I import something (even without being logged in) it shows a cloud sync and as a cloud document, does that mean that information is publicly stored due to not being attached to a user/account?

what is the storage, deletion and privacy policy for non-logged in users? if I e.g. delete something “permanently” is it deleted off the server immediately or is it still stored for processing of any kind?

Maybe also as a drive-by suggestion; allow local import of figma, or does that have to happen on the server? hence the cloud document first approach?

Cheers and thanks, you guys finally made a tool worth switching over to, that outclasses the rest :slight_smile:

Hi there!

Considering the publicity of files—even you’re not authorized, the cloud you created will not become public until you generate a public link yourself. This also applies to registered users, only the creator of the cloud document has access.

As for deleting cloud documents, the file is first deleted to the trash, where it can be deleted forever. However, it is possible to restore such a file with the help of Lunacy support. We’ll add an option to delete the account with all its documents, teams, and other cloud content in the nearest future.

Currently, import from Figma generates a cloud document by default, but if you’ve reached the cloud file limit, a local file will be created instead. If there is one cloud document and the user is not authorized, import from Figma will always be performed to a local file, because there’s a limit of 1 cloud document for unauthorized users.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! a few things that still are unclear:

• when I converted the file, the visibility setting was automatically set to public at first, which I switched to private, is that a bug and it was private all along? (until some “link” generation happens?)

• that was my first ever figma conversion, so it definitely was in the cloud I assume?

• lunacy never actually deletes cloud files? not even after some time? even though they were permanently deleted by the user?

Cheers

Thanks for your patience, here are the answers:

1. The document is originally created as a public one [1]. This means that it’s accessible via a single public link, but only when this link is generated by pressing the “Copy link” button. Until then, only you can see the project. If you make it private [2], you’ll have to generate a new link for each user individually.
    When at least one user connects to the document, he will be reflected in the list of users [3]

2. The type of your document is reflected right on the tab. The cloud icon denotes a cloud document, the second tab denotes a local document.
    MicrosoftTeams-image (19)

3. There’s a reason to keep user files for a while even after their complete deletion. In case you accidentally deleted something or someone harmed you by deleting all your data, Lunacy support can help with data recovery. Everything is permanently erased after a month of complete deletion.

By the way, we implemented a feature to completely delete your Icons8 account and all data from the Lunacy Cloud in Lunacy 8.8.

Makes sense thanks for the detailed response! I suppose after a month it should expire then.

However the note about deleting accounts data doesn’t exactly apply to not registered users? which might not be compliant with GDPR, unless you have a way of identifying user devices without their consent too?

I’d prefer if cloud documents were an opt-in with clear consent (e.g. registration form) and private by default too, since why would you want your documents to be public first?

Cheers

We don’t analyze users’ location, but we must comply with the laws of the countries where our cloud API is hosted. In the future we plan to implement data storage within the laws of different countries.
Considering the “publicity” of a new document, no one can access it except for you unless you generate a link to share the doc.
We really appreciate sharing your thoughts with us, they have a ground and deserve to be considered for sure!