Export SVG with text path

Hello!

I have a sketch file with an image layer representing the background and some text layers lying on it.

Now I’d like to export this entire image as an SVG so that the text layers are preserved in the resulting SVG code as text paths.

<text id="my-text" font-family="Arial" font-size="14" font-weight="bold" fill="#D21F33">
  <tspan x="710.756193" y="146.656892">This is my text</tspan>
</text>

This is would be useful to adjust the text later on right in the SVG source code for translation etc.

Unfortunately, when using Lunacy’s SVG export I always get the text transformed into vectors. Is there a away to preserve text in SVG whilst exporting?

Thanks and BR

Hi there!

The thing is, Lunacy does not export text to SVG as editable. It exports the text as curves (vector paths). This is to make the SVG look the same on any device, whether the required fonts are installed or not.

Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to preserve text as text in the SVG?

There is: you can export the graphics to SVG and add the text to the code separately.

I hope this will help!

Funny. I ask for a way to PRESERVE text and you make a recommendation to ADD it afterwards.
Seems to me a quite misleading approach as the answer has nothing to do with my question.

I think I can conclude, it is NOT possible.

It is not necessary to sell me something. I like the product very much and I am glad it is free and I appreciate your support. But how can it be so hard to take the truth just like it is?

Thx anyways.