Summary: When dragging the mouse to move the canvas or zooming out, the frames blink and sometimes disappear entirely. This issue occurs when the frames and images have a smaller size than the original. The problem is consistent regardless of the operating system (Ubuntu 22.04), graphics card (Nvidia RTX 3070 ti), display server (Wayland or Xorg), or Nvidia driver version (530, 525, 515, and even Nouveau). The bug manifests on both the laptop’s built-in monitor and an external monitor connected via HDMI.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Launch Lunacy version 9.0.9 (or any previous version in the 9.0.x series).
- Open a canvas or document with frames and images.
- Attempt to move the canvas by dragging the mouse or zoom out.
Expected Result: The frames and images remain visible and intact while interacting with the canvas, regardless of their size.
Actual Result: When dragging the mouse to move the canvas or zooming out, the frames intermittently blink and, in some cases, disappear entirely. This issue is particularly noticeable when the frames and images have a smaller size than the original, resulting in broken visuals.
Reproducibility: Consistently reproducible on both the laptop’s monitor and an external monitor connected via HDMI.
- Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 (Kernel 5.19.0-43)
- Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
- Display Server: Wayland and Xorg
- Nvidia Driver: 530, 525, 515, Nouveau (all versions tested)
Additional Notes: This bug has been observed across multiple versions of Lunacy, including the current version 9.0.9 and previous 9.0.x releases. The issue persists regardless of the graphics driver used, including both official Nvidia drivers and the open-source Nouveau driver.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Please find attached the latest log file.
Lunacy Log 2023.06.11 07.51.36.zip (20.2 KB)