How to draw a star?

Hello - new to the community (and tool…and UX…)

How on earth do I simply create a star? On the video help page, it shows a small expansion arrow in the bottom right corner of the line tool, which offers a star shape, but on my app there’s only a line…

Thanks

The answer is pretty simple ))) We do not have such a shape as a star at the moment. Don’t panic though ;o)!!! There are for easy ways known to me on how to make it Lunacy. Choose one that works best for you. The options are: just by one continuous vector, by a union of several other shapes, by a union of rectangles, and the last one is by deformation of a circle!!!

Thanks Sergey - why is the video showing these tools as being available though? Were they removed? Or are they in the works?

Tim

Tim wait, wait. What was the video once again and at what second it starts showing something that looks misleading to you?

Sergey,

https://docs.icons8.com/objects/

Go down to “Squares, Circles, Straight Lines” header - the video under that title shows options for star, etc

Yes! This element resided in the old interface; however, eventually was never implemented as a feature. In the documentation that you reference to, only three primitives are implemented. They are rectangle, ellipse, and line. This is exactly what is displayed on the video/animation. Star and polygon are included in our roadmap for implementation. Once again sorry for the confusion ;o)

Ok, thanks Sergey. I’ll keep a lookout for the updates. I’m about to embark on a new UX Design course (using my Win laptop), so I’m looking for something to mimic Sketch as closely as possible. :wink:

Thank you for relying on us! It certainly motivates to keep up the good work ;o)

Tim99, thanks for sharing that.

I wish there would more video tutorial for drawing different objects

Join our YouTube channels to get various video tutorials on making design in Lunacy :slight_smile:
How-to from Lunacy AQ team and on Icons8 channel as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eugenia, yep, your videos are pretty helpful. But sometimes I’m looking for something more easier, like simple coloring pages, that may help in drawing techniques. Here is a website with flower coloring pages for adults that I’ve discovered few days ago. Do you think, it can help adults to start career as an artist?

1 Like

Sure, it helps! You can try to drag these images to Lunacy and try to color them there.

thanks for the video tutorials Eugenia, I recently took some courses on graphic designing and finally I am confident about my skills after so many years. I started with icons8 and now entering procreate.

1 Like

That’s cool! Would love to see what you create :slight_smile: You’re welcome to share your artworks :heart_eyes: