It would be great if we could filter icons by size. When searching for UIUX icons I often need 16x16px

I’m constantly switching between Simple Small, and Office XS, etc. when searching for icons. As a developer I really value well done 16x16px / 24x24px / 28x28px icons so I can use them for toolbars and other UI components.

Specifically, really well done 16x16px icons are extremely rare. The Office XS set on here is probably the strongest offering on Icons8 for these kind of icons but overall this size is almost completely neglected.

So my post is twofold:

1. Could you guys implement a search filter to display all icons at a specific size so users can judge how each glyph renders at smaller sizes?
  2. It would be awesome if you gave some more love to smaller icons (16x16px). I’d love to see some more sets in this vein.

Also… just putting it out there, I’d be happy to contribute to Icons8 and put together a set of micro icons for a free subscription :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks for any consideration!

1 Like

Thank you for the search filter suggestion! It seems like a helpful feature indeed, I’ll forward it to the team and we’ll see what we can come up with.

As for your proposition, it sure sounds interesting! Could you forward your icon portfolio here or to the DMs before we proceed further?

Thanks once again :raised_hands:

Hello,
I totally agree that it would be great to be able to filter icons by size when looking for UI/UX icons. As a designer, I often have to use specific sizes for icons, and having a filter option would save a lot of time and effort.

One workaround I’ve found is to use the “Advanced Search” option on the Icons8 website. Here you can filter icons by size, style, and even color. It’s not as convenient as having a filter option in the search bar, but definitely worth checking out.

Another option is to use the “Custom Icon Size” feature on the Icons8 website. This allows you to resize icons to whatever size you want, giving you more flexibility in your design work.

I hope this will be useful for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions! Adding an ‘Advanced Search’ option sure sounds like a way to go. As for the custom size feature, you already can do that on our website and in the desktop app:

1 Like

@Alex_L Yes, I’m already aware that you can download files at a custom size. Respectfully, that isn’t pertinent to the feature request that I’m asking for.

I want / hope:

1. To be able to filter SVG Icons at their native size (ViewBox value, or if ViewBox is absent the Width and Height values) See this SVG definition:
<svg width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24" fill="none" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
<path fill-rule="evenodd" clip-rule="evenodd" d="M22 12C22 17.5228 17.5228 22 12 22C6.47715 22 2 17.5228 2 12C2 6.47715 6.47715 2 12 2C17.5228 2 22 6.47715 22 12ZM13.0667 7.13182L12.8797 13.5065H11.1251L10.9333 " fill="black"/>
</svg>

Notice the width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24" definition.

With this setting enabled (set to 24), only icons of size 24px should display in the search results.

1. The ability to set a ‘global’ size that displays all icons in the search results (regardless of their actual size) to a custom value. For instance, if I set this hypothetical global size UI element to 30px - every icon in the search results should appear at 30px DESPITE their actual size.

Here is an example of how Iconset does it (They use a slider on the top of the UI):

iconset-set-size

Here are a couple mockups I made that show how this can be done cleanly from a UI/UX standpoint:

Simple editable dropdown:

Range Slider:

I hope this makes things more clear!

Thanks again for making a great app.

Hello!

Thank you for the suggestion once again, I have forwarded your post to the team.

Hey, guys! Thanks again for the suggestions.

This may not be exactly what you would like, but I want to point you to the filters for small and large icons, and they are located in the sidebar. In these groups, we have tried to bring together in one place relevant icon styles from our collection.

One more thing: in addition to Office XS and Simple Small, we also have Tiny Color and Tiny Glyph icons, which also look great in the interfaces.

Hi, I’m new here. I think Icons8 could do a better job with providing more 16x16px icons. I would also like to see a search filter that allows you to display all icons of a certain size.