Lunacy 3.14 doesn't work on Windows 7

Hi icons8!

Thank you very much for Lunacy. It is awesome! This is the only alternative for Illustrator I can use for now at the company.

The problem is Lunacy 3.14 doesn’t work for me. The same thing happens with 3.15. It doesn’t matter if it portable or not, I get the error. Version 3.13 works pretty well for me.

OS is Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack1.

I would like to suggest this tool for all our team, and it would be nice to work with the latest version.

Thank you,
Alexey

Hi! Indeed, the app works as expected on Windows 7 ent SP1. All these versions 3.14.0.0, 3.15.0.1, 3.15.0.2 have been tested. As of the suggestions do the following. Make sure you have the latest versions of Visual C++ and Microsoft.Net framework. All systems updates have to be completed as well. After these steps the app should work well. If not, turn off the ant-virus software and run the app under the admin account. Here are few screens demonstrating the operation of Lunacy on Win7: 2019-02-06_14-17-482019-02-06_14-19-112019-02-06_14-19-472019-02-06_14-21-00

Have problem with running on Windows 7 SP1 too.
Just stuck on SplashScreenWindow.
Having script, which can be check Lunacy app dependencies would be helpful.

It would be more useful if everyone used the current version of Windows 10 =)
Try to install all libraries Visual C++ Redistributable from 2005 to 2017 both x86 and x64

It would be more useful if everyone used the current version of Windows 10 =)

Main reason why I choose Lunacy is that I can’t run Adobe XD on my “old” notebook with Windows 10 (because Adobe XD need video driver released after a certain date and there are no such drivers for my notebook).
Just notice, if you drop Windows 7 support, you lose some users, because there are no alternative for Windows 7 except Lunacy.

Try to install all libraries Visual C++ Redistributable from 2005 to 2017 both x86 and x64

Thank you. I will try (but I thought, Lunacy installs everything we need during the installation process)

Yes, I agree! But our company will switch to 10 version only next year. Thank you

Installs, but we are not very focused on Windows 7 so there may be problems.
One of the problems that I noticed is the long first run on Windows 7.

The percentage of Lunacy users on Windows 7 is small and will decrease with time.

Thank you. I’ve tried install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 (64bit) first and this resolve the issue.

Just notice, on your screenshots you have .NET Framework 4.7.2, but with Lunacy 3.14 .NET Framework 4.6.2 was installed.

Right. Lunacy requires a .NET Framework 4.6.2 but the actual version is now 4.7.2