Pichon 8.9 Unstable

Hi,

I have just moved to a new laptop and installed the latest version of Pichon (v8.9.0.0) but it seems to be unstable. After a few minutes of use it becomes completely unresponsive and the only way to get it to work is a complete laptop reboot. When I do reboot I get a windows message saying CiceroUIWndFrame is preventing shutdown and identifies the Pichon.exe. I am running Windows 10 Pro with all of the latest updates.

I have also had several times when it will start to say Icon Not Found and regardless of changes to search doesn’t seem to get itself back on track. I have been a customer for years and rarely if ever had a problem but this is completely making the app unuseable.

Many Thanks,
Ben

Hello Ben,

Our developers looked into the issue, CiceroUIWndFrame is a Microsoft Office component, which apparently has a negative effect on Pichon. The app is running fine on our end, so the reason must be the software.

As for the Icon Not Found issue this can happen due to the fact that the antivirus blocks app elements. Please delete the app, turn your antivirus off and then download and install the app from Microsoft Store. If that doesn’t work, please set the app as an exception for your antivirus or delete it at all.

If you are using Microsoft Security, you can find more info on how to add the app into the exceptions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

1 Like