Play function doesn't work

Is your Firefox up to date?
I’ve got same issue on my personal FF, but that build is pretty old now. Works fine on Chrome, though.
Would be useful to know if it is something that happens even on the updated versions.

Hey there, can confirm that the issue persists on updated Firefox. Both on regular up-to-date Firefox and the beta version as well.

I tried disabling security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy in about:config as well as using Firefox in safe mode; neither fixed the issue. Chromium-based browsers work just fine.

At the moment Lunacy supports prototypes only in Chrome. However, we’re thinking about adding support for other browsers in the near future.

For me it doesn’t work in Chrome either, also showing a blank page. Had to downgrade to make it work again.

Could you check if you have the latest Chrome version – 106.0.5249.61? I’ve just checked it on my macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and it seems to be working fine.

Play doesn’t work, even on the latest Chrome Version.
The Play function is working fine as long as you are creating a new document. After saving, closing the app and reopening, there is only a blank page.

The problem is somewhere in the generated html-file or it’s dependencies. If you click play, Lunacy generates an html-document with a div called “slide” and a child div called “slideFrame”. Let’s say we work in HD, both div’s of an unsaved document have inline-styles applied with a width of 1920px and a height of 1080px. Everything works fine.

After saving the document and closing lunacy, both inline styles are set to 0px. If you inspect the page in Chrome an set both div’s width and height manually to 1920px by 1080px, the page display’s as expected.

I’m on Windows, my Chrome build is 106.0.5249.91, Lunacy is 8.7.2.

I also have the same problem. My play button does not work and I have updated my google chrome to the newest version

Hello @Chris @Qist

Chris, thank you for finding a fix, hope it helped anybody else who encountered the bug.
This issue has been patched. Everything should be working fine in Lunacy 8.8, which is not yet released.

Actually what I meant was it still haven’t work eventho I updated my google chrome till now, I still couldn’t use this feature. Is this patched in 8.8? when will it be released?

We expect it to be out in November

Glad I could help. By the way, it’s a great app, keep it up!

2 Likes

Hi, when is patch 8.8 coming out again?

Hello

You can try out Lunacy 9.0, which is currently in beta.

Windows: https://lcdn.icons8.com/setup/beta/LunacySetup.exe

macOS: https://lcdn.icons8.com/setup/beta/Lunacy.dmg

Linux: https://lcdn.icons8.com/setup/beta/Lunacy.deb

Version 9.0, unfortunately, did not fix the prototyping issue for me.

1 Like

Could you please clarify:

1. Are you experiencing problems with a local prototype, cloud prototype or both?
  2. Is it possible for you to send me a PM with the file in question?
    What exact symptoms do you experience? Do you get the same half-blank page with buttons as OP does on their screenshot? Or is it different?

Hello Georg,

The issue I am referring to is described here: RE: Cannot play offline prototype - Icons8 Community. As for your questions:

1. I am experiencing this issue with all, local, prototypes. Does not matter whether they are from older versions, or completely new. The environment I am working on is not connected to the internet.
  2. Due to security reasons from my client, I cannot share my prototype with you, Clicking the prototype button causes an error. Nothing else happens (no blank page or anything). The error files I have already sent you in relation to the above mentioned discussion.

Best regards, DJ

I have problem same with this post, i click play but the prototype can’t show in my browser, only show white blank, lunacy icon logo, bullet and share button. What i try/use :

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Last version of Firefox 116.0.3 (64-bit)
  • I try Lunacy 9.2.1 and Beta version 9.3.0.3099 still can’t show

How to fix this ?

Screenshot_2

Hello!

Currently prototypes don’t work in Firefox. You can copy the link and paste it into another browser like Chrome.

Hey, I’ve had the same problem and copy and pasting the link into chrome works. But, to make this process simpler and avoid new users having to go through extra hassle is there a way you could detect chrome on the system automatically. Or, maybe have a list of browsers to select from?