Prototype Not Rendering As Designed

I created a mobile app prototype, but unfortunately, it is full of half rendered and missing icons when it goes to view it.

See the video: stephen-razberi

What is up? I am using 8.3.1 and a rather simple prototype.

Stephen

1 Like

Hi Stephen

You haven’t answered my previous question one of the old topics: are you logged into an Icons8 account?
In the meantime, I’ve passed your info to the devs and let you know what they said.

Hi. Sorry. Yes, I am always logged in… that is how I initially did the web project prototype.

Later I saved it as local thinking that might improve things.

I found an interesting thing. Raztered icons (rather than SVG) where not always showing up.

So I quickly created my own via the shapes, grouped them to create my arrows and list icons.

That ended up working in the prototype. Really weird bug.

Now my nav buttons work … but I had to manually create them from triangle and rectangle and circle objects i grouped: [ stephen-razberi](https://See Video of it working)

Now I need to save it back to a web project ?? so that I can share a link for others to see?

Weird bug, I’ve encountered something similar, but that was moved into dev queue.

I’ll ask.

About copying components, it is intended behavior, as per Lunacy 8.3 changelog:

And yes, when you view a local copy, there is a share button in the top-right corner that uploads your project to cloud.

And I should’ve asked this in the beginning, but could you send us your project file?
We also noticed that in one of your artboards the components have the wrong font, if you could share all relevant files, we’d also check why the fonts didn’t update.

Thank you!

Thanks for the awesome support! Y’all rock! :star_struck:

I sent you an email with the project file and more musings.

I love this product and believe in its future. It has saved me TONS of time and does things I could never do before.

Stephen

1 Like

Could you please let me know, what email have you sent the files to? Haven’t received anything yet, it seems.

1 Like

my email is stschwartz@zoho.com

Can you let me know where to send it to. Not thrilled about posting it here publically.

Thanks!

Stephen

Hi I’ve also been having problems with icons being blurred / missing when I prototype the artboard.

After lots of testing I’ve found out that unchanged icons show correctly while icons that have had their fill / colour changed do not display correctly. Please see the .pdf attached showing a shower icon in black and red.

I’m running Lunacy 8.5.2.

Lunacy is a great product.

Any help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Hello, James

Sure, we will look into it. What OS are you using?

Hi Georg,

I’ve just added this bed icon to the components page and changed its fill / colour to orange and then added it to my artboard [as a component]. When prototyping the original black and the orange component icons now show correctly.

I hope this helps…………….

James

Hi Georg,

Having made an orange bed icon and saved it as a component, I’m unable to change its fill / colour. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks James

Hi, James

As for you last question, try changing color of such icons through Tint option.
But seems like exporting such icon in .pdf would still be broken. I’ve already reported it to our devs.

Here’s what I got after some testing.

First I played with icon formats and different recoloring options.
Then I exported it in .PDF. Please note that in Prototype mode everything shows up fine.
First image is how it looks in Lunacy, second is how it looks in exported .pdf

As you see, I couldn’t reproduce this issue with recoloring through Fills

But recoloring through Tint is currently broken for .pdf

Hi Georg,
I’m still having problems if I change the colour [fill] of a selection of icons from the default black to [say] blue and then running in prototype mode.

It’s strange that 4 of the 9 icons work OK.

I’m happy to provide you with my .Sketch file so that you can replicate this issue?

Thanks James

James

Hi, James

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue again.
The bug with .pdfs is in our crosshairs, but we haven’t encountered it with prototyping, so a .sketch file should indeed be helpful.
Thank you

Hi Georg,

I don’t create .pdfs. I have problems with these icons when I prototype.

Please see attached .Sketch file so that you to recreate the problem.

Icon Problems.rar (38.7 KB)

James

Hi, James

Thank you for sending the file! It will be pretty helpful, I see the issue on my side.
Will get back to you once I have an update from devs