[BUG] v8.7.2 Drawings do not align with mouse cursor

I just updated to Lunacy v8.7.2 and have noticed when I try drawing a shape, it does not align with the mouse cursor. Rather, it is offset by a large amount. Quite weird; here’s a GIF recording:
Lunacy_7o2FoAm6Cd

I’m on Win10 v1709, 125% display scaling (1920x1080 HiDPI), which may be related. All the buttons and icons in Lunacy do feel very small at this display scaling, and more like what I’d expect at 100% or 90%. Here’s a screenshot for comparison (Open-Shell Menu vs Icons8 Lunacy text/icon size)

Hello

Thank you, I’ve reported it to the team

You’re the first person who reported this, so it could be something on your side.
Looks like Lunacy doesn’t “see” the display scaling. I assume rebooting Lunacy doesn’t help, correct?
Could you try changing scaling while Lunacy is active and see if it changes anything?

1 Like

I’ll try that, after a computer reboot. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it was my end; my current Nvidia graphics drivers are buggy.

Sure, let us know how it goes

1 Like

So, I’ve tested it with everything short of reinstalling my graphics drivers, and the problem persists. The mouse is offset to the top left of its target on the workspace, and all buttons, text and menus remain tiny.

Tried running it with Nvidia GTX 1060 (drivers currently 436.48) and then with Intel HD 630.
Tried disabling the HiDPI fix I use.
Tried rebooting.
Tried changing the scaling factor.

I am having some trouble with my graphics drivers, as if I update much past their current version, everything 3D crashes. But currently, most stuff works more or less.

Hello
Thank you for testing it out, so far it looks like it is an issue on your side, as scaling should work with Lunacy.

Until recently I was running EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb with latest drivers, no issues.
Have you tried using DDU to wipe everything related to graphics drivers?
You can keep the installer for 436.48, use DDU, update to the latest version and see if the drivers will work after that.
If they don’t just wipe again, reboot and install the version you’ve been using all this time.

1 Like

Is there a debug version I can run and provide some logs or something? I’d really like to use Lunacy, but this issue is keeping me from it.

I just managed to make Lunacy scale correctly and follow my mouse by setting DPI compatibility settings to System or System (Enhanced). (with my DPI fix disabled)

But it’s now unusably blurry.

The issue is purely DPI compatibility-related - Lunacy is incompatible with HiDPI displays with custom scaling (I’m at 125%, 1920x1080 HiDPI)

Screenshot:

I have used this fix which applies Windows 8.1 scaling on Windows 10 as a hacky fix, and it works for some other programs, but not Lunacy as far as I can tell. I believe all it does is autorun the following registry settings (Source):

REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v DpiScalingVer /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00001018 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v Win8DpiScaling /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v LogPixels /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000078 /f

Lunacy seems to be incompatible with these settings, getting confused about mouse cursor positioning if they’re enabled (and 100% scaled display in Lunacy is quite small, especially on Laptop screens). Any chance you could do a compatibility patch for if these settings are enabled? Or make a dedicated 125% scaled mode?

We’ve fixed this issue in the new beta. Please check if everything is working fine on your end :raised_hands:

Windows: https://lcdn.icons8.com/setup/beta/LunacySetup.exe

macOS: https://lcdn.icons8.com/setup/beta/Lunacy.dmg

Linux: https://lcdn.icons8.com/setup/beta/Lunacy.deb

2 Likes

Thank you. However, having tested, the issue persists.
Lunacy_eXkxhgrONj

The cursor does not align with actions when DPI is set at 125% (probably other DPIs too, but that’s the one I’m obliged to use on my laptop) and there are no HiDPI compatibility settings applied. Buttons and text are also very small (see comparison with Notepad++)

Of course, applying HiDPI settings makes it work, but then everything is very blurry.

Some of our team members use scaling too but don’t experience any issues. We noticed that you are able to click on the elements of the UI, there is no misalignment there. The issues appear when using the canvas, which brings us back to the initial conclusion: something’s up on the hardware side.

We will also try one more thing, but we’re not certain if that would help. Wouldn’t hurt to try, though.